SWEL actively engage with many local and varying businesses and have been involved with the Community whilst being in business operation for over 6 years.
Local Directors of SWEL wish to support Alice Springs and the community and have been supportive and involved in a number of ways:
- The most significant local sponsorship project is for the Alice Springs Men’s Shed where SWEL hosted and co-ordinated a Mud Run in March 2016. This was a Community fundraising event which raised $7000 for the Men’s Shed. The event was planned and conducted by SWEL management and staff and funds were raised through sponsorship as well as entry fees.
- SWEL recently raised $3000 for the Animal Shelter through a challenge called the Whip Nae Nae. This again was managed and conducted by SWEL staff.
- SWEL are active members of the Chamber of Commerce attending networking meetings and events. In September 2016, SWEL hosted the Chamber of Commerce business at sunset which saw 80 plus people from varying business attend.
- SWEL provide free welding and repair work for race car and bike competitors that compete in the annual Finke Desert Race and local race events.
- The Director of SWEL volunteers for the Alice Springs Gymnastics Club as a coach and when possible SWEL supports the club through way of sponsorship for Interstate competitions.
- SWEL support the Centralian Middle School and St Philips College work placement programs providing students two weeks education and learning experience in a work environment.
- As part of the Anzac Day celebrations in Alice Springs SWEL completed repairs and refurbishment to the RSL Canon saving the RSL Club thousands of dollars in repairs and maintenance.